We want your guest posts! We can only write so much so we rely on a little help from our talented friends. If you are interested in guest posting for DatingOver40, contact us via our contact form.
If you plan to provide a simple article to us (meaning you’re not promoting a product or service) fill out the form below. If you’d like to talk about advertising or promoting a product or service, use this form to get in touch.
- Must be original content. No re-posts of previously published articles or other folks’ work.
- Any topic related to dating, sex, or relationships. Use the search function on the site to dig around and make sure that you aren’t delivering the exact same advice we’ve all heard 100 times. Make it interesting!
- Must be at least 500 words (ideally in the 600-1000 word range!).
- Some style notes:
- Consult Grammarbook for any grammar/punctuation questions you have
- Include sources! If you want to talk about your experience or an opinion–go for it! But if you want to state facts, make sure to back them up! Link to other articles! Make it personal, or act like a true expert–we love both!
- Include a photo that relates to your post that we can add. The photo should be a minimum of 800 pixels wide to fit with our format. Always give credit and source for the image you’re using. Be sure that you have a license to use the image for the post you submit. Creative Commons licenses allow usage as long as you attribute the source and give credit to the rights holder. Royalty-Free doesn’t mean you can use the image for free; you still need to get permission to use the license.
- Send us a link to your prior work.
- Proofread your post.
- That said, expect some edits–it’s not that your work isn’t wonderful, but having a second set of eyes do a quick skim and fix up any lingering spelling/grammar errors, as well as tailoring to fit our audience and adjusting for SEO is pretty standard.
- Have fun! This is an elective process and shouldn’t feel like homework, so enjoy it.
If you are interested in advertising a product or service, please review our Advertiser Guidelines here.